Armed Woman Defends Kids by Taking Down Home Invader


A would-be burglar in Ohio got more than he bargained for early Friday morning.

Police said a man entered a south Toledo home through the front door at around 1:00 a.m. — but that was as far as he got, according to WKYC-TV.

Police said a woman who lived in the home fired a gun at the intruder, hitting him several times.

The man then staggered out of the house and collapsed on the front lawn, where he was found by first responders.

He was rushed to a hospital with what were described as life-threatening injuries and remains in critical condition, WKYC reported.

Biden Not Happy About Mitch McConnell Stepping Down, Says He 'Never Misrepresented Anything'

There were several children in the house at the time of the incident, according to the outlet.

The woman who shot the gun was taken in for questioning by police. A police report indicated that more than one person had fired at the intruder.

The occupants of the home were identified by the Toledo Blade as Thomas and Tonya Foust.

As of Friday afternoon, police had not identified the man who was shot.

Nobody else was injured.

Sgt. Adam Fish of the Toledo Police Department confirmed to the Blade that the incident was reported as an alleged attempted burglary.

The incident is one of several across the country this week in which armed homeowners have defended themselves.

WUSA-TV reported that a man was killed on Monday evening in Germantown, Maryland, when he was shot by a homeowner during an apparent attempted burglary.

Off-Duty Cop Brutally Assaulted by Group, Investigators Warn Attack Was 'Not Random'

The homeowner had called police as the man, identified by police as 31-year-old Louis Alfredo Sanchez, attempted to break into his home. When Sanchez entered the home, the homeowner shot and killed him.

No charges have yet been filed against the homeowner.

A similar incident took place in Dallas on Wednesday, according to KTXA-TV.

A homeowner shot and killed an alleged robber who had broken into his home, telling first responders that he had feared for his life.

The homeowner was interviewed by detectives and released pending a referral to a grand jury.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Submit a Correction →

, , , , , ,